Education and Testing Coordinator
- Line up speakers for monthly meetings and provide them with speaking guidelines.
- Maintain an Advisor list that is published on the website.
- Schedule VE testing dates and coordinate testing. Collect VE testing fees and submit to treasurer. Submit VE testing paperwork to ARRL.
- Encourage members to take FEMA and SKYWARN classes. Maintain a list of member certifications that is published on the website.
- Schedule evening classes for youth and adults (e.g. Intro to GMRS, Intro to Amateur Radio).
- Provide an education team report at each regular PARA meeting.
Volunteer Examiners – See Table 1
- Administer the ARRL exams to prospective hams.
- Must become accredited through the ARRL. (http://www.arrl.org/become-an-arrl-ve)
Advisors – See Table 2
- Help new and existing members to get acquainted with radio concepts.
- Participate and share knowledge in weekly PARA Roundtable discussions.
Speakers – See Table 2
- Present a topic at a PARA meeting. Think of this as Show & Tell.
- Doesn’t have to be a PARA member. Guest speakers are welcome and encouraged.
Instructors – See Table 2
- Develop instructional materials.
- Teach in-person classes to Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, local officials, PARA members, or members of the public.
- Submit instructional materials to PARA website for publication.
- Doesn’t have to be a PARA member. (e.g. We could arrange for someone from Red Cross could teach a CPR class.)
Table 1 – Volunteer Examiners
Table 2 – Advisors, Speakers, & Instructors
|Coverage Mapping||Bob Snyder|
|CW Operating||Stu Bingham, Joe Petrulionis|
|Digital Modes||Darren Dixon, Scott Rummings, Tim Leet|
|HF Antennas||Stu Bingham, Darren Dixon, Joe Petrulionis|
|Solar Power||Stu Bingham, Bob Snyder, Ed Golla|