To provide backup communications capability for Philipsburg, PA and the Moshannon Valley. Activate when ordinary means of communication are not available. Electric power grid, internet backbone, and cellular networks are prime targets for foreign or domestic hackers or attackers.
- Keep it simple
- Minimize power consumption
- Network with regional counterparts
- Build and maintain an EmComm team
- Build and maintain an EmComm station
- Build and maintain a network of VHF repeaters
- Build and maintain a network of GMRS repeaters
- Encourage team members to equip personal stations with backup power, field operation capability, etc.