- Operate radios in PARA’s primary EmComm station during an emergency.
- Communicate with 911 centers, National Weather Service, PEMA, etc.
- Communicate with field observers and personal station operators.
- Periodically run one of the weekly nets on PARA’s VHF and GMRS repeaters, operating from the PARA EmComm station whenever possible.
- Participate in simulated emergency tests.
- Amateur radio license required
- GMRS license required
- Transportation to the station (all-wheel drive recommended)
- FEMA IS-100 – Introduction to Incident Command System
- FEMA IS-200 – Basic Incident Command System For Initial Response
- FEMA IS-700 – An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
- FEMA IS-800 – National Response Framework, An Introduction